August 19, 2014

Fall Down Seven Times, Stand Up Eight.

Fall down seven times, stand up eight. Like, literally.

Or almost literally.

It has been two weeks since the day all my hard work and efforts paid off. The day where everything seem so surreal even I find it hard to believe. The day when no mum was ever as proud as my mum seeing her daughter finally escapes the ACCA hell. The day where all the heavy burden that's been anchoring my heart down has been released. I felt light. Light, and free. Content and EXTREMELY blessed. 

Alhamdulillah, praises be to His Almighty. There is no power greater than Yours, O'Allah.

Now, let me involuntarily take you back to where it all began. 

2007 - 2010 ;
Fresh SPM Graduate. I wasn't a top scorer unfortunately, neither did I slack off badly. I was.. average. My hopes and dreams of wanting to score a scholarship to further abroad came crashing down like a bad-ass Godzilla crashing down some solid tall Tokyo buildings. After contemplations, I enrolled into UITM and took up accounting as a major despite not being so fond of it. (Bless mum for forcing me to take up accountancy as an extra slash just-in-case subject). Had one to of the greatest years of my life, graduated with the Vice Chancellor Award *blows nails* , earned a lot of boyfriend *puts on shades* , and.. blessed with a great circle of friends *beams*.

2011 - 2012 ;
Hell-o....ACCA. Decided to skip the normal bachelor and the nonsense unrelated subjects and went straight into ACCA with the expectation to get a head start against everyone else and to graduate sooner with a higher qualification. Little did I know.. that reality is a female dog. The first year wasn't as bad. But after the second year, I starting flunking. And I began to realise that it is a norm to flunk the same subject not once, but more than twice or thrice. I was lucky I was blessed with a bad-ass determination and positivity. Failing doesn't stop me from moving forward and having more go-s at it. Even with the-most-dreadful-breakup-of-the-year that I had to go through while being 42751283519 miles away from my family didn't stop me from battling hard. But the story didn't end here.

2013 ;  
Came back to Malaysia after being abroad for a year. Still not yet an affiliate but still very much determined to take on it and go harder. Had more attempts, studied harder, cried more, grew wiser, scored the interview of a good job, lost a good job because of the results and..

2014 ;
Finally. I GRA-DU-A-TED. I... graduated. I, gra-duated. Even typing it seems surreal. I'm a freaking affiliate! What was aimed to take 2 years became 3.5 years, but I GRADUATED. That's what matters, no?

Sometimes, it's not about who gets to the finishing line first. It's about what you learned whilst getting to the end. I might have failed one too many times along the way. But that only made me stronger and wiser. Alhamdulillah, praises be to His Almighty.

So real world, what have you got for me next?




No comments:

Post a Comment